Monday, March 14, 2011

Sound Of Your Heart


Try as I might I cannot forget
The symphony that stirred when you played your song
Vibrations tickled my eardrums and traveled to the depths of my chest
Resonating within my heart I am beset
By the wild, deep, thoughtful spirit residing in the tunes
Floating out into the air and permeating the room like a beautiful fragrance
You poured rose pedals over ears
And saturated the atmosphere with your essence
And it laid on me like a silk blanket
My ears smelled the incense and sent a message to the depths of my soul
I felt as If I was the only one who heard the comet blazing quietly through the midnight sky
A kindred fire that burned throughout the night
Your music stirring my emotions like stardust rising
Glowing magnificently and curiously captivating
Like a moth to the flames did my heart flutter around the light of your melody
My wings were singed and for a moment I felt like a phoenix rising
Deeper and deeper and higher and higher
More into my the depths of my being only to swell in inspiration
How does your mouth open and fingers float above a sea of chords
To speak a language of the heart I had never before heard but understood?
And how can I not respond or stand still and withhold my wonder?
I cannot forget the sound of your star as it marked the canvas night of heaven
Or what it felt like to have wings ablaze that would fly through and pierce the depths of darkness
Captivated am I by your symphony that stirs remnants of beauty
Your music is your soul and you must play on
And try as I might I cannot forget
The sound of your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment